Updated: Jan 29
Let's talk about why all Buttercream Beauty products contain grass-fed tallow. But first, for those of you who are new to animal based skin care, what is tallow?
What is tallow?
Tallow is rendered fat from ruminant animals such as cow, bison, or sheep. It contains fatty acids like oleic acid, palmitic acid, and stearic acid. These fatty acids can help your skin.
What are the benefits of using tallow on your skin?
1. Extremely moisturizing
2. Prevents loss of moisture
3. Bio-compatible with skin cells
4. Absorbs quickly
5. Contains fat soluble vitamins A, D, E, K and vitamin B12 which are very beneficial to the skin
6. Has antibacterial properties making it great for acne prone skin
7. Contains CLA which has anti-inflammatory properties making it great for eczema
8. Contains stearic acid which helps improve skin suppleness and helps repair damaged skin.
9. Contains palmitic acid which helps improve skin barrier function of the skin.
10. Contains oleic acid which helps nourish the skin by allowing nutrients to penetrate the skin.
Why do we use grass-fed tallow in all of our products?
Grass-fed tallow contains vitamins and nutrients that grain fed beef does not have. Tallow closely resembles our sebum or the oil produced by our skin. This makes it ideal for hydrating most skin types without causing irritation or clogging pores.
Have you tried grass-fed tallow on your skin?
What benefits have you seen from using tallow skincare?
Please share in the comments.
If you haven't tried grass-fed tallow skincare and are interested in learning more about our products, then please check out our shop!